Hot water is an essential component of comfortable living in your home, especially during the cold winter months. This is why it is so important to have a reliable and effective hot water heater at your disposal. You know you have a hot water heater in your home, but unless you’ve run into issues it’s unlikely you’ve put much thought into replacing it. Replacing your hot water heater is inevitable, however, and when the time comes it’s a good idea to consider a tankless water heater. Here are just a few of the benefits of going tankless.
- Energy efficient: Tankless water heaters work by heating water on an as needed basis, which means that it isn’t constantly working to keep sitting water warm. As a result of this, tankless heaters use 30 to 50% less energy than units with tanks. These kinds of energy savings ensure that you’ll see roughly $100 off your water bill each year.
- Space saving: Unlike a traditional bulky water heater that takes up space in a closet or basement, a tankless heater is compact and is usually mounted on a wall. This is key for those living in a smaller space, looking to maximize their square footage. A mounted heater frees up floor space for additional storage.
- Cleaner water: Because water isn’t sitting in a tank waiting to be used, the warm water used in your home is actually cleaner and safer. With a tankless water heater, you avoid using water that has had the opportunity to accumulate rust and scale.
- Longer life expectancy: Tankless water heaters, when properly maintained, can easily last up to 20 years. This is 5 to 10 years longer than you can expect to have a more traditional water heater. While it may be more expensive to install a tankless heater initially, you will see your return on investment over time.
- Never run out of hot water: Nothing is worse than getting into a shower to find the water running cold within a few seconds. With a tankless water heater, you’ll never have to worry about running out of hot water. This is ideal for families with multiple bathrooms, those with hot tubs or whirlpools, and is truly one of the biggest benefits of having a tankless water heater.
For more information on tankless hot water heaters or to schedule your water heater replacement, please give us a call at Clay’s Climate Control. Feel free to click here to visit our website.